- Tom Holland may have given away a spoiler that connects "Avengers 4" and "Ant-Man and the Wasp."
- During an interview for the promotion of "Infinity War" by Access, Holland and Benedict Cumberbatch were asked who, out of the two of them, flubbed the most lines.
- Both of them said Cumberbatch, who plays Doctor Strange.
- Holland quickly added that Cumberbatch has the "most difficult lines" because he has to talk about "so much Quantum Realm stuff."
- Cumberbatch interjected to make sure Holland says nothing more than "Quantum Realm stuff."
- That's interesting because Doctor Strange doesn't discuss the Quantum Realm really at all in "Infinity War."
- It's believed the Quantum Realm will have a role to play in "Avengers 4" since it was just at the center of "Ant-Man and the Wasp."
Tom Holland may have revealed some Avengers 4 spoilers already.
Marvel Studios is being especially tight-lipped when it comes to the true follow-up to Avengers: Infinity War. They aren't even announcing the film's title until the end of the year (likely when marketing begins), leaving many to try and connect the dots to figure out what comes next. Other Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, like Ant-Man and The Wasp, may provide further clues, but those involved already know much more.
Everyone who worked on Avengers 4 is now in the odd position where filming is done outside of reshoots, which will take place soon. Once those are wrapped, there will still be roughly nine months before Avengers 4 hits theaters - and a major gap between MCU installments overall. As people try to piece together the sequel, an old comment from the actor behind Spider-Man is now being brought into focus.
In the interview with Access posted by Emergency Awesome, Holland is being interviewed alongside Benedict Cumberbatch. They are asked about the difficulty in delivering their lines, which is where Holland maybe slips up.
Holland interjects by saying, "He has the most difficult lines though. He has to talk about so much Quantum Realm stuff. I just have to talk about, ‘Yeah, man, that’s awesome!’ So mine is easy but his is so difficult!"
What makes that quote stand out is the fact that the Quantum Realm was barely discussed in Infinity War.
The Quantum Realm has long been at the core of several Avengers 4 theories and this just continues to add to the evidence. Ant-Man and The Wasp's post-credits aren't subtle in introducing potentially major concepts, such as how time travel could work. With Captain Marvel also expected to deal with the realm in some way, the connections keep on building. Now that Holland's quotes are being reframed after fans have seen the two most recent MCU films, all signs point to the Quantum Realm as the key.
The Quantum Realm has been described as a place beyond time and space, which could point to time travel or even alternate dimensions (or a combination) being used in Avengers 4.
What makes Holland's comments even more intriguing is that Strange is the one who may explain things, and not Ant-Man. It could also point to the fates of the heroes perhaps, as Strange could be with the other "dusted" characters and explain to them (and the audience) how the survivors can save them. So did Holland spoil Avengers 4? Not necessarily, but he's certainly backing up what many are already theorizing.
For more great stories, head to INSIDER's homepage.